BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) is the only approved and recognized professional dental course in India. It is an undergraduate degree of 5 years which trains students to enter the noble profession of dental science and surgery. It is considered one of the most popular and pursued courses after MBBS in India. Minimum 50% in Class XII with NEET qualification is required for BDS admission.
Currently, there are more than 300 dental colleges in India with around 26,000 seats, in both government and private universities.
BDS Course Eligibility:
Students should have secured at least 50% in their Class XII with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects.
BDS Entrance exams
There are not many BDS entrance exams, as admission is usually done on the basis of NEET result. Apart from this, Rama University takes admission in BDS course through the RUET exam.
- NEET 2022– National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level exam for admission in undergraduate medical courses like MBBS, BDS, BHMS and BAMS. BDS admission is done through NEET only, even in recognized/approved private dental colleges. Therefore, it is very important to give the NEET exam for BDS admission.
How to get admission in BDS?
- Class XII scores should be above 85% since these scores are also considered at the time of admission in a dental college.
- Advanced subject knowledge should be there, especially in science so that you can easily score well in the NEET exam.
- You should clear thecut-off set by various top colleges so that you can go forward with your admission through counseling.
- In NEET counselling session, a total of three rounds will be there so you should be prepared for these rounds.